Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching Up Week/Week 5

The last few weeks have been difficult trying to find a good time to work out. I thought the evenings would work best after work, but not the case. Most weeks I only exercised 3 days a week. That needed to change. My weight stayed the same for three weeks. Traci advised I add another exercise day or two. My goal is to work out 5 to 6 days per week. So far I haved gone to the gym four days, tomorrow makes five! I have been going to the gym at 5:30 in the morning. I have more energy and I don't have to worry about making it to the gym after work. Now I just need to get into the habit of going every morning! Maybe my weight in day will be better next week!
I have logged my food 5 days the last couple of weeks. I still don't log on week-ends. I need to work on that.
Why do we feel bad if we don't eat the way we are suppose to? Or if we don't make it to the gym? I feel like I didn't accomplish what I was suppose to do and it can makes me feel unsuccessful or a failure? I need to work on positive thinking and not allow negative thoughts to go through my mind when I did not have a good day. Our dietician advises a good book "intuitive eating" I really need to buy that book.
I'm excited about the group bike ride tomorrow. I think it will be a great work out.
Heidi--You're an awesome trainer. I have learned so much from you, thanks!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We expect ourselves to be perfect and when we do not fulfill our expectations of ourselves we then spend hours beating ourselves up. We do need to say that if we do not exercise we still have all our positive attributes and we will try to do better the next day. Maybe walking up the stairs instead of the elevator just small goals and then build on them. Keep up the good work. Remember we are making life style changes and it takes time to make changes and to replace our bad habits.