Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 4 of 100 Day Heart Challenge

Week 4 was tough. I only logged my food three days and exercised 3 days! Visiting my father in Arizona was great but of course I ate what he wanted to eat. Eating together in my family was important for my mother. She always cooked everyones favorite dish and satisfied her husband and children. She was a great cook and everyone loved her bread. Our family time was at our table when I was growing up. If we were not at the table we were outside working or taking care of household chores. I guess over time it became important and special for our family to eat at the table. We talked and of course ate and ate! We made our mother happy by eating all we could. She believed being plump was healthy...
But as I got older I knew that I had to make some changes for my family but I needed some direction. I have been on some diets where I have immediately lost weight and later gained it back. I have kept most of it off. I quickly lost interest in diet plans and exercised inconsistently. With this heart challenge it has opened my eyes and there is a way to keep the weight off without starving myself. And it is a healthier approach. It feels great to be healthy and to exercise knowing I am doing something good for my body. This body has to be around a long time for my family!
Next week will be better. A new week and a new commitment!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lorraine, it is so easy to be what we were growing up when we visit home. Most of our mothers loved to cook and you enjoying their food was/is important. I guess it is figuring out how to do both eat healthy and make them happy by enjoying sitting at the table - eating and visiting. Vacation is hard for every one. You are doing the right thing by hopping back on our path to healthy eating and a healthy body. GREAT JOB!

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work Lorraine! This week is going to be your best yet!! :)